General Studio Policies
Handbook is emailed after registration
- Please arrive 10 minutes before class begins to ensure there is proper time to get ready and begin class on schedule. The first 10 minutes of class are just as essential as the middle or end of class. Students that arrive more than 10 minutes after class begins may be asked to sit out and watch the class (due to missing most of the warm-up and possibly resulting in injury).
- To help, please park use the parking lot or circle your car when dropping off and picking up your student to avoid a traffic jam and keep the studio doors clear.
- If there is a problem with your child, please speak with the studio director, Nicole Kelley, as soon as possible.
- Attendance is extremely important in every class and is vital for student improvement and group choreography. Personal progress and growth as a class will reflect this. Please use your best judgment before sending your child to class if he/she has been ill. If students are injured, they should come to class and observe.
- The studio reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher if a teacher is absent for any reason. In the event that a substitution cannot be arranged, class may be canceled or rescheduled.
- Classroom etiquette is expected at all times in the studio. Listening to your instructor, applying corrections and following the proper dress code are all standards in dance training. Courtesy and respect should be given to everyone at the studio, including teachers, classmates and parents. A positive attitude is important in any learning environment and will be assessed on an individual basis.
- All students are encouraged not to leave the room once class has begun. Please allow for appropriate restroom use prior to class. Very young children will be treated sensitively as the need arises. Preschool children may need a parent’s attention from time to time for bathroom issues.
- Parents, for your children's safety, please be in studio to receive students when they are dismissed from class. RDC is liable for students from the start through the end time of their scheduled class only. If a staff member is not present in the lobby, the student may wait securely in the lobby, or reenter the classroom to wait within sight of the teacher.
- Rhythm Dance Company is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Please make sure that all shoes and bags are labeled with the dancer's name.
- In the case of inclement weather, please call the studio (508.366.1003) 2 hours before your scheduled class time. Please note that RDC does not always follow school closings, as roads are sometimes cleared by the time classes begin. An update will be posted on our website and social media accounts as well.
- INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY: There are no refunds for absences or classes canceled due to weather. Tuition installments are not based on how many classes in a month but the whole year divided into monthly payments for family's convenience. If a day of the week misses more than 2 days due to weather, RDC will hold a class makeup day. Otherwise dancers are offered to make up the classes in another timeslot of the same age range.
- Observation of all classes is available on TV monitors in our lobby. We ask that you observe quietly and remain courteous of the classes in session. Please do not interrupt a class in progress.
- Please refrain from negative comments regarding instructors, other students, or parents in RDC's space. We take pride in creating a positive environment in which everyone feels welcome. If you have an issue, please contact the studio director as soon as possible.
- Costume prices typically range from $70-$80 for Performance Level classes. Combo classes will have 1 costume. Deposits for costumes must be paid by October 15th. Tuition and costume payments must be up to date before costumes can be taken home. There are no refunds after a costume deposits have been charged. Costumes are not custom made and are purchased with room to grow based on child's measurements and the costume company's size chart. Alterations, if necessary, are the parents’ responsibility. We will have a studio seamstress available to parents, at their cost.
- RDC values the importance of a dancer’s growth during the entire dance calendar year. It inconveniences the instructor and impacts the quality of the class for others if a dancer leaves before the final performance and completion of the year. If a dancer decides to discontinue a class after January 1st, a $50 cancellation fee will be applied automatically to that dancer’s account to cover the choreography changes and time the class will use adapting to the change.
- Class Withdrawals: All withdrawals from classes must be in writing. If not notified in writing before the 1st of the month, tuition will not be refunded. Any withdrawals on or after January 1st come with a $50 cancellation fee. There is no reimbursement of costume deposits after they have been charged. Dancers who withdraw may pickup their costumes in the spring.